Birds of Florida
- American white ibis (Eudocimus albus)
- Anhinga (Anhinga anhinga)
- Barred Owl (Strix varia)
- Black Vulture (Coragyps atratus)
- Brown Pelican (Pelecanus occidentalis)
- Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus)
- Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
- Great Egret (Ardea alba)
These birds are often confused with cormorants, both are diving birds and can be seen locally. Anhingas tend to be more fresh water birds, and can be seen around almost any freshwater area locally. Look for them drying their wings while standing on a branch at the water’s edge.
Haven’t seen a limpkin? Surely you’ve heard her… In the middle of the day, she cries bloody murder!