This website was created by Steve White and is focused on providing environmental and natural history information for the Sarasota, Florida, area. This site was initially started as a project in the Florida Master Naturalist Program.
Steve has lived in Sarasota since 2009, and before that lived in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Included in his background:
- Certified Advanced Florida Master Naturalist
- Certified Kripalu Mindful Outdoor Guide
- Volunteer Bird Naturalist & Hiking Guide at Myakka River State Park
- Founder/Operator of this site
- Former Hike Guide for The Nature Conservancy, Sierra Club and AMC
- Award-winning Nature Photographer