Steve has lived in Sarasota since 2009, and before that lived in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Included in his background:
- Certified Advanced Florida Master Naturalist
- Certified Kripalu Mindful Outdoor Guide
- Volunteer Bird Naturalist & Hiking Guide at Myakka River State Park
- Founder/Operator of this site
- Former Hike Guide for The Nature Conservancy, Sierra Club and AMC
- Award-winning Nature Photographer
This website was created by Steve White and is focused on providing environmental and natural history information for the Sarasota, Florida, area. This site was initially started as a project in the Florida Master Naturalist Program.