- Friends of Myakka River – The Myakka was designated as the state’s only “Florida Wild and Scenic River” by the Florida State Legislature in 1985. The act provides for preservation and management of the 34-mile portion of the river within Sarasota County. The Friends aim to protect this area from inappropriate development and use.
- Sarasota Audubon Chapter – An extremely active chapter with numerous trips and projects to engage you: monthly meetings with fascinating speakers, day trips, national and international trips, road and park clean ups, and nature walks for kids and adults.
- Selby Botanical Gardens – Nestled on the shores of beautiful Sarasota Bay, Selby Gardens is a tropical urban oasis with something for everyone. Relax amidst nature’s beauty and allow the scenery of unparalleled botanical bliss to carry you away.
- Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast – Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast works with you to save land, forever, preserving those special natural lands that shape our cultural heritage, make our region extraordinary, and our quality of life superb. More than 18,300 acres across 47 properties are protected because of you and others like you, who care about our lands, waters, and way of life. This adds up to nearly 29 square miles of protected land that provides for kids and grown-ups, wildlife and waterways.
- The Florida Master Naturalist Program (FMNP) – The Florida Master Naturalist Program (FMNP) is an adult education program developed by the University of Florida and provided by participating organizations. FMNP training will benefit any persons interested in learning more about Florida’s environment, seeking educational contact hours, or wishing to increase their knowledge for use in education programs as volunteers, employees, ecotourism guides, and others.
- Florida Native Plant Society – The Mission of the Florida Native Plant Society is to promote the preservation, conservation, and restoration of the native plants and native plant communities of Florida.
- iNaturalist.com – One of the world’s most popular nature apps, iNaturalist helps you identify the plants and animals around you. Get connected with a community of over a million scientists and naturalists who can help you learn more about nature! What’s more, by recording and sharing your observations, you’ll create research quality data for scientists working to better understand and protect nature. iNaturalist is a joint initiative by the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society.
- eBird – eBird began with a simple idea—that every birdwatcher has unique knowledge and experience. The goal is to gather this information in the form of checklists of birds, archive it, and freely share it to power new data-driven approaches to science, conservation and education. At the same time, they develop tools that make birding more rewarding. From being able to manage lists, photos and audio recordings, to seeing real-time maps of species distribution, to alerts that let you know when species have been seen, they strive to provide the most current and useful information to the birding community.
- AllTrails – The beauty of nature doesn’t need to be hard to find. Our goal is simple – build the largest collection of hand-curated trail guides, so you can explore the outdoors with confidence. Anytime. Anywhere.